Fire breaks out at clothing store in Phuket on Monday, caused by a short circuit and electric fire from shop sign

Phuket –

A clothing store in Patong Beach in Phuket burst into flames after a reported short-circuit from a sign in front of the shop caused an electric spark on Monday, October 12.

Officers from the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation were alerted of a fire incident at a commercial building in Soi Bangla around 8:00 AM. They rushed to the scene with three water trucks.

Thick smoke clouds and bursting flames were seen covering the clothing store located on the first floor as well as the whole building. The firefighters spent about thirty minutes spraying water at the building until the fire eventually stopped.

According to a local witness, constant sparks from the shop sign were seen before they ignited into flames. He then reported to the officers as the fire was quickly growing and burning the shop. The fire was in danger of harming nearby businesses such as the popular Sugar Club.

The officials assumed that the fire broke out after a short-circuit from a sign in front of the shop. The clothing store and its properties were heavily damaged and its estimated damage value is under official examination. No deaths or injuries were reported during the incident.

Photo Courtesy: Newshawk Phuket


Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here!

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google News, Instagram, Tiktok, Youtube, Pinterest, Parler, Flipboardor Tumblr

Join the discussion in our Facebook group in the comments below.

Nop Meechukhun
National News Writer at The Pattaya News from September 2020 to October 2022. Born and raised in Bangkok, Nop enjoys telling stories of her hometown through her words and pictures. Her educational experience in the United States and her passion for journalism have shaped her genuine interests in society, politics, education, culture, and art.