A fire broke out at the top of an under-construction 37-story office building in the Chatuchak district of Bangkok last night, August 23rd, and was eventually put under control during the early hours of this morning.
Firefighters and officials rushed to the scene after being alerted of the fire at the building that was closed for construction in Soi Vibhavadi – Rangsit 9. A blaze of fire gushed out from the rooftop and sparks of fire were also seen flying around the road.
Officials then had to close the traffic on the outbound side of Vibhavadi Road for safety purposes before proceeding with the extinguishment. A cable car, about 25-27 floors tall, was used to lift up officials to spray water.
At around 12:40 AM., firefighters decided to go up to the top of the building where the fire occurred to speed up the control of the fire. The fire was put under control at around 12:55 AM. No injuries were reported.
According to the officials, the cause of the fire was presumably caused by a short circuit in an electrical cabinet located on the rooftop because there were no construction workers at the moment of the incident due to the cessation of most major construction projects according to the city’s Covid-19 preventive measures. Forensic officers would be deployed later to inspect the scene and identify the cause.
Follow us on Facebook,