The following is a press release from the Tourism Authority of Thailand. Their statements and opinions are entirely their own.
Bangkok, 31 August 2021 – The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has announced the latest Order No. 41 that allows venues and businesses to resume operations during the month of September.
Resumption of businesses and services
The following services and venues are allowed to resume operations, from 1-30 September 2021.
- Restaurants and eateries, including those inside shopping malls or similar venues, are allowed to resume dine-in services up until 20.00 Hrs. without the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Seating for dine-in customers shall be limited to 50% for air-conditioned restaurants and at 75% for open-air ones. (There was no mention of requirements of being vaccinated or testing-Editor)
- Hair and beauty salons.
- Health massage shops and health spa shops are allowed to reopen only for foot massage services.
- Fresh markets and flea markets can open up until 20.00 Hrs.
- Shopping malls, shopping centers, community malls, or similar establishments can resume normal operations until 20.00 Hrs., with limitations on the following venues and services:
- Aesthetic clinics, medical clinics for beauty services, and cosmetic clinics are allowed to accept customers with an advance appointment.
- Hair and beauty salons are allowed to accept customers with an advance appointment for a one-hour service per customer.
- Health massage shops and health spa shops are allowed to open only for foot massage services with an advance appointment.
- Tutorial schools, cinemas, water parks, and amusement parks, swimming pools, fitness centers, and gaming centers, as well as banquet and meeting activities, are to remain closed.
- Public parks, sports fields, sports complexes, and outdoor swimming pools can open up until 20.00 Hrs. and organize competitions without audiences.
- Educational institutions of all types.
- Children’s nurseries and elderly care facilities (only for regular overnight care services);
- Convenience stores are to continue to open up until 20.00 Hrs. All 24-hour convenience stores must remain closed nightly between 20.00-04.00 Hrs.
What remains open?
Hospitals, medical facilities, medical clinics, pharmacies, shops, factories, banking and financial services, ATMs, telecommunication services, postage and parcel services, pet food shops, building materials, and construction supplies stores, shops selling miscellaneous necessary items, cooking gas stores, petrol stations, and online delivery services are allowed to open as necessary under strict disease control measures.
What remains close?
Entertainment venues of all types are ordered to remain closed until further notice.
Gatherings of people
Public and private organizations, as well as people, are asked to avoid any activities prone to the spread of disease where the number of attendees exceeds 25 people (from 5 people in the previous Order).
The night-time curfew remains in place in Bangkok between 21.00-04.00 Hrs.
Self-protective measures and distancing efforts
As usual, people nationwide are asked to continue abiding by the health and safety measures in place; such as wearing a face mask at all times while outside of their residence, regularly washing hands with soap and water/cleaning alcohol, and avoiding unnecessary close contact with others.
TAT would like to remind all travelers to continue with the D-M-H-T-T-A precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19: D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert application.
For additional information and assistance relating to Thailand’s tourism, contact the TAT Contact Centre 1672 or Tourist Police 1155.