The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration today, September 30th, has released an official list of the relaxation of some businesses and venues in the capital, effective October 1st.
Bangkok authorities also approved the reduction of curfew hours from 9:00 PM. – 4:00 AM. to 10:00 PM. – 4:00 AM., also starting at the beginning of October.
According to the order from the Bangkok Communicable Disease Committee, the businesses and venues that are allowed to operate next month include:
- Schools and educational institutions must operate under the approval and the prescribed measures of related agencies.
- Nurseries, child centers, and similar daycare must operate under permission of Bangkok Health Department.
- Restaurants can open until 9:00 PM. Alcohol is still prohibited. 50 percent capacity are allowed for air-conditioned restaurants and 75 percent capacity for outdoor restaurants. Live music is allowed with no more than five musicians on stage. Singers don’t have to have a mask, others do.
- Convenience stores and markets can open until 9:00 PM.
- Public libraries and museums must limit the number of users to 75 percent capacity. Eating and drinking are prohibited.
- Cinemas can be operated until 9:00 PM. with limit the number of users to 50 percent capacity. Eating and drinking are prohibited.
- Beauty salons and tattoo parlors can be operated until 9:00 PM. and are available only by appointment. For tattoo parlors, customers must be fully vaccinated or tested negative for Covid-19 via ATK or RT-PCR test within 72 hours prior to the service.
- Thai massage parlors and spas are available via advanced bookings. Customers must be fully vaccinated or tested negative for Covid-19 via ATK or RT-PCR test within 72 hours prior to the service for water-based service.
- Parks, sports fields, and outdoor swimming pools can open until 9:00 PM.
- Gyms and fitness can open until 9:00 PM. No sauna allowed.
- Sports matches and competitions must operate under the approval and the prescribed measures of related agencies.
- Department stores can open until 9:00 PM.
- TV shows and filmmaking productions
- Theaters can operate until 9:00 PM. under permission of the Bangkok Health Department.
- Boxing and dancing institutes
- Weight loss centers
- Amulet centers
- Meeting room service facilities can organize traditional purposes such as weddings and engagement ceremonies with no catering. Limit of 25 people.
- Hotels, with no seminars
Other businesses and activities that continue to be closed include:
- Pubs, bars, nightclubs, karaoke shops
- Massage and bathing parlors (Soapies)
- Sauna businesses
- Water parks and amusement parks
- Playground and children’s play equipment
- Game shops, internet cafes, and arcades
- Exhibition centers, convention centers, exhibition venues
- All types of indoor stadiums (except well-ventilated places)
- Elderly care facilities (except for overnight stays)
- Cockfighting and horse racing venues
Follow us on Facebook,