Here is a look at the top NATIONAL Thailand stories, chosen by our Pattaya News/TPN National team, from last week, Monday, April 3rd, 2023, to Sunday, April 9th, 2023. They are not in any particular level of importance but are listed in the order of date of publication.
Let’s get started and see what the top stories were!
- A female college student of Chinese nationality was found dead inside a sack, after she had been kidnapped by three Chinese kidnappers. Thai police believed the suspects have already fled Thailand on a flight to Chengdu, China.
Three Chinese men suspected of kidnapping and murdering a fellow Chinese college student have been arrested in China. Thai police are interrogating a possible Thai female accomplice.
2. Bangkok governor Chadchart Sittipunt aimed to halve traffic-related deaths in the Bangkok area during Songkran from 13 in 2022 to 6 people in 2023.
TPN media notes this could be a tall order as borders are now fully reopen, tourists are pouring in, and with the entertainment side of Bangkok’s Songkran, like waterfights, allowed for the first time in four years.
3. A 57-year-old Australian resort boss was killed by the husband of one of his own employees who was apparently upset about her pay at a resort in Krabi.
An Australian resort boss was killed on his 57th birthday by the husband of one of his own employees who was apparently upset about her pay at a resort in Krabi.
4. An exiled Chinese Christian group left Thailand and arrived in the United States of America after they were detained for overstay in what became an international incident.
The group were confirmed to have safely arrived in Texas according to activists and religious groups.
5. A passenger from Brazil was arrested with 4.8 kilograms of cocaine seized worth an estimated 14.4 million baht at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
They arrested a male foreign passenger from Sao Paulo in Brazil. The suspect, whose name was not given to the media by officers, was taken to the Suvarnabhumi Airport Police Station.
And, that is all for this week. Thank you as always for reading the Pattaya News/TPN News!
Help support The Pattaya News in 2023!