Five senior Kathu Police including the chief have been transferred after two illegal nightclubs were raided in Kathu for allegedly opening over the legal closing times and allowing minors to enter the venue.
Our previous story:
Officials from the Department of Provincial Administration (DOPA) led by Mr. Narong Thipsiri and Kathu Police raided two nightclubs ‘Ratree Club’ and ‘Maha Nakhon Phuket’ at 3:30 A.M. on Thursday (June 1st) in the early morning. Both nightclubs are located at the Kathu Intersection.
Now for the update:
The Phuket Provincial Police Commander Major General Sermphan Sirikong has issued an order on Thursday (June 1st) in the afternoon. The order states that two illegal nightclubs were raided in Kathu for allegedly being open past the legal closing times of 2 AM and allowing minors to enter the venue.
For further transparency, a full investigation, and to prevent any damage for the government, five Kathu Police as following will, therefore, be transferred to work at the Phuket Provincial Police Station.
- The Kathu Police Chief Colonel Roongrit Rattapakdee
- Kathu Police Deputy Chief Lieutenant Colonel Chao Poamna
- Kathu Police Deputy Chief Lieutenant Colonel Chayaphon Poonaruemit
- Inspector of Crime Prevention and Suppression Lieutenant Colonel Nattawat Supanart
- Inspector of Investigations Lieutenant Colonel Wissanu Pansai
The order is in effect from (June 1st) until further notice.