Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and the Bangkok Communicable Disease Committee this afternoon, May 31st, have approved of the reopening of museums, tattoo parlors, beauty clinics, massage parlors, spas, and public parks, starting tomorrow, June 1st.
The BMA stated after the meeting that the reopening was approved as no clusters were found at certain types of establishments but rather at markets and construction worker camps. The measure is aimed to alleviate the financial suffering of the business sectors in the industries and allow their employee to work under strict government measures.
The establishments that have been approved to be operated from June 1st onwards are as follows:
- Museum: landmark museums, local museums, learning centers, centers for science learning, science parks, centers for science and culture, historical sites, archaeological sites, and art galleries. Large groups of visitors are still prohibited under the strict health measures of the BMA.
- Tattoo parlors, piercing parlors, beauty salons, and nail salons can be opened under strict measures. If an infection was found in the shop, it must be closed for 14 days for disinfection and quarantine of employers and employees.
- Beauty institutions like weight loss clinics, skin care, etc.
- Health establishments: spas, massage parlors for health and beauty, Thai massage parlors, foot massage parlors. However, the establishments must abstain from all types of body steaming and facial massages.
- Public parks, botanical gardens, and flower gardens must be opened under strict measures. Large group sitting and gatherings are not allowed. No food is allowed, except drinking water.
Other types of establishments that are not mentioned above will remain closed until at least June 14th, according to the announcement of temporary closure (issue No. 29).
This is only for Bangkok other provinces make their own rules and guidelines except when something is a national closure such as entertainment venues.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com