Private hospitals and local governments are officially allowed to procure their own FDA-approved Covid-19 vaccines, the Royal Gazette published last night, June 8th.
The announcement, approved by the Prime Minister, includes six steps in order to expedite the vaccine distribution and inoculation in Thailand. Related government agencies should assist the import and the procurement throughout the process.
The six measures are the followings:
- Provide a sufficient number of standardized Covid-19 vaccines to the people in order to cover at least 70 percent of the population or not less than fifty million people.
- Thai Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for the coordination, promotion, and support of the Covid-19 vaccine manufacturers during the vaccine registration in a potential and efficient manner.
- Department of Disease Control, Government Pharmaceutical Organization, National Vaccine Institution, Thai Red Cross Society, Chulabhorn Royal Academy, or related government agencies must collaboratively provide medical services or public health access to the public during the urgent procurement of the Covid-19 vaccinations in order for people to quickly and efficiently receive quality vaccines under the rules and regulations prescribed by certain agencies.
- To encourage people to have greater access to the Covid-19 vaccine, private health care facilities and related private sectors are allowed to procure or request the amount of Covid-19 vaccine from agencies stated in Article 3 under the rules and regulations prescribed by certain agencies to serve the people or medical personnel in their jurisdiction.
The vaccine must be legislatively registered under Thailand’s Medical Law and must have its price, including medical service, appropriately set for the benefit of the people.
- Despite the limited amount of the vaccine in store at the moment, local authorities may procure from the agency under Article 3 under the rules and regulations prescribed by certain agencies to provide Covid-19 vaccines to serve their local people.
The procurement must also be conducted under budget expenditure plans of local government organizations and the guidelines for the management of the Covid-19 vaccine under emergency situations, prescribed by the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration or the Prime Minister.
- Both government agencies and private sectors must have their information linked to the Public Health Ministry’s “Mor-Prompt” application platform system for the highest safety of vaccinated people and for systematic and efficient information management.
The announcement is put into effect from 8 June 2021 onwards.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com