Five overstaying Pakistani nationals have been arrested for illegally working at a Taiwanese foundation in Prawet District.
The Immigration Bureau revealed the arrests to the press yesterday, (January 13th). They received an anonymous tip-off from a concerned citizen that foreigners were illegally working at a Taiwanese foundation. The Immigration Bureau arrested six suspects who were working in a room at a Taiwanese foundation in the Nong Bon sub-district who are
1. MR. MUNEEB AZHAR, 20 with 3,453 days overstay
2. MR. YASHWA ANTHONY, 18, with 3,060 days overstay
3. MR. AMOOS DANIAL, 22, with 2,787 days overstay
4. Miss DUAY MEHAK, 23, with 3,284 days overstay
5. Miss SARAH GHANI, 20, with 3,246 days
One other unnamed person was identified as ‘working out of their rights., which appears to be referring to working out of the conditions of their work permit.
All the suspects were taken to a local police station to face charges of working without a work permit, overstaying, and eventual deportation and blacklisting.