An Australian woman helped to alert local fire fighters and rescue workers after she saw a fire break out at a Krabi tour company.
As a result of her actions, three people survived the fire that took place in Mueang Krabi.
Nong Talay fire fighters were notified of the fire earlier this week at a residential home in Nong Talay. They arrived at the scene to find the home ablaze, which has a tour company at the front of the building. Three people sleeping inside the house managed to escape the blaze and firefighters finally put out the fire.
Mrs. Kim, 65, whose last name was not released to the media, an Australian national who first alerted local residents about the fire, told the local press “I was walking back to my accommodation after I finished eating at a restaurant nearby, about 50 meters from the scene. I saw that a major fire had broken out at a tour company. I ran back to the restaurant for help and staffers at the restaurant broke the glass door down of the business and home before shouting to inform people inside to get out.”
According to rescue workers, the three people inside, who were not identified, were sleeping through the fire and if someone had not alerted them their lives may have been in danger.
An electric short circuit is believed to be the cause of the fire, however, the investigation into the blaze continues as of press time.
The original version of this article appeared on our sister website, The Phuket Express, owned by our parent company TPN media.
Help support The Pattaya News in 2023!
Need legal advice or a lawyer? We can help. Click here.
See more information about listing a property with us by clicking here.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Sales@ThePattayanews.com