Hello, Phuket Express Readers and Supporters!
The following is our weekly feature in which we highlight the top local stories in our area of Phuket from the past week. The number of stories differ from week to week.
These are chosen and curated by our editorial team and are designed for our readers to get a quick “catch-up” of important stories they may have missed. We publish many stories daily and it is easy to lose track of important events or changes in our area. We do national recaps in a separate article, this is only the top local stories in Phuket province.
They are in no particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing. These are from Monday, July 3rd, 2023, to Sunday, July 9th, 2023.
Let’s get started and see what the top local stories were!
1. Man Allegedly Threatens Taxi Driver in Phuket with a Sword
Taxi issues between rival companies continue in many areas across Thailand.
2. Dolphin Rescued After Being Washed Up on Beach in Phang Nga
The dolphin was taken to the Sireetarn Marine Endangered Animals Rescue Center in Phuket and will later be released back to the sea.
3. Chinese Man Rescued After Jet-Ski Accident Near Patong Beach
The Chinese man was rescued and brought safely on the land without injuries.
4. Department of Disease Control Visits Soi Dog Foundation to Collaborate on Rabies Prevention
Phuket is aiming to be the first rabies free province in Thailand.
5. Phuket Man Arrested for Selling the Personal Information of 2,000,000 People to Scammers
The suspect is facing charges of fraud by circulating fake online information causing security breaches to national security and individuals , persuading others to join gambling sites, and revealing personal information to others.
That’s all for this week, as always thanks for your support