Greetings to all our readers and supporters!
We have gathered together here our top LOCAL stories that happened in our areas, Pattaya and Chonburi, in the last week from Monday, December 18th, to Sunday, December 24th, 2023.
The stories are chosen by our editorial team and are not in any particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing.
1. Pattaya Mayor Promises to Expand and Improve Beach Road Walkway After Online Criticism
In just a week the much criticized sidewalk has been torn up again and is in the process of paving a more disabled and people friendly path.
2. U-Tapao Airport Eyes Direct Flights from India to Lure Tourists
U-Tapao International Airport, located near Pattaya, is making an effort to attract direct flights from India, eyeing the vast potential of the Indian tourism market.
3. Catamaran With 29 People, Mostly Foreign Tourists, Capsizes Near Dongtan Beach, Only Minor Injuries Reported
Every tourist is safe.
4. Pattaya Beach Road to Be Partially Closed to Celebrate New Year
From Soi 10 to Walking Street on Pattaya Beach will be open to vehicle traffic on New Year’s. The other half of Beach Road will be closed.
5. Pattaya Police Impromptu Nightclub Raid Finds No Irregularities
Luckily, nothing illegal was found but more raids have been promised.
That’s all for this week, as always thanks for your support!