Update: Thai Police Pursue Foreign Murder Suspects Who Escaped to Turkey, International Collaboration Sought


On February 15th, 2024, Pol. Maj. Gen. Noppasin Poolsawat, the deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, publicly revealed the progress of a case involving a Myanmar national who was allegedly murdered by two foreign suspects in an apartment room in Khlong Toei, Bangkok.

Read the previous article on the case of Mr. John and Mr. William, two foreign suspects, who allegedly fatally attacked Mr. Kyam Zeyar, the Myanmar national. The witness claimed it was a business dispute.

According to the police reports, Mrs. Tae Thewin, the witness at the crime scene, was under police interrogation including the issue of whether or not the 5 million baht of the victim’s money that was claimed to have been stolen had actually been taken.

The victim’s wife, whose name was withheld by the police, was a potential witness to confirm whether Tae’s statement was true or not. The police would investigate further the victim’s frequent travel from Yangon, Burma to Bangkok, Thailand with more than 52 times on record.

Upon police investigation, the police would gather evidence for the case which reportedly was assumed to be connected to another scam in Thailand. The business between the victim and the two foreign suspects may be a so-called “grey” business, according to the police.

The victim’s wife also told the police the same story that the victim withdrew money, 5 million baht, and it was stolen. Meanwhile, the investigative police investigated to track down the foreign suspects.

However, CCTV footage showed that the suspects fled to Singapore on February 14th, right after the murder, according to the police. There was also some debate over the suspects true nationality and whether they were actually Scottish, as originally reported by police, or from Cameroon.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Noppasin publicly revealed that Thai police requested collaboration from Singaporean authorities and received a report that the suspects had already further fled to Istanbul, Turkey on February 15th.

The police pledged to hold the suspects accountable for their crimes with collaboration from international police.

The pictures of the suspects were provided and released by Thai police.

This article originally appeared on our sister website The Pattaya News.

Kittisak Phalaharn
Kittisak has a passion for outgoings no matter how tough it will be, he will travel with an adventurous style. As for his interests in fantasy, detective genres in novels and sports science books are parts of his soul. He works for Pattaya News as the latest writer.